Monday, May 08, 2006

Monday Monday

It's harder to keep track of the days of the week now that Hubby is home all the time. I guess I never really developed an affinity for weekends when I worked because you had to be in every other one. You rated a sure trip to the office if you called in. I remember working one Mother's Day with the worst (and last) hangover of my life. I told everyone it was pollen allergies and they bought it. Luckily the MD's had emptied out the SICU for the holiday by not doing anything fancy in the OR that week. I finally got it through my head that day that a career in alcoholism just wasn't in the cards for me. I have way too low a tolerance and get sick every time I drink. Anyway...

#2 son has gone off into the outstretched arms of corporate america. I thought I could catch him on his was out with the obligatory "first day of real work photo" for the album.
I figured it would be cute next to his "first time stoned " and "first time arrested " pics.
He got away though, up and out before I had expected, eager to arrive on time; sober, straight and ready to meet and beat the world. HAHAHA...

Sonnyboy was awake for 32 hours when he finally was able to fall asleep 9 hours ago. I have to go shuffle through and find a few poems about him for the fairsCaPe blog. He has kept me on my toes for so long now that the only shoes I can wear are pink,satin and laced up with ribbons that wrap around my legs. Where's my tutu...?

2 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I decided to take the day off, so I am on the loaf. Its just me and the huskies. Should be a nice day, already in the 80s!!

I have to hit your other blog again. All those pictures of #2 son will have some fun value, you can show them to his date...

9:05 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

I know what you mean about low alcohol tolerence. I have been quite good recently but it says nothing for the number of weekends I have been very bad!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home