Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I blame Christopher Lowell

That's It

And he owes me a lot of money.

For the last 25 years I have been a small time landlord. I have prided myself in how perfectly clean and how pristenely white my apartments have been when my new tenants move in. They usually stay for years if not decades. When they leave I set to work restoring these centuries old places to their former glory. Lately I have discovered an alarming trend. Color! Totally outside the terms of their leases and without even asking I have had one tenant after another painting rooms and even whole apartments in color. Peacock blue bedrooms, orange dining rooms, teal living rooms ; dark saturated intense colors. Colors that are taking 2-3 coats of primer to obliterate. And to what end? So that the next Christopher Lowell watching, House and Garden reading, Home Depot shopping tenant will come in and paint over my beautiful white walls with some impossible color. Christoher Lowell you owe me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lillie said...

Do you rent apartments in New York by any chance? I need a new place in August and I have no intention of painting it.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Helene said...

omg too funny!! I LOVE Christopher Lowell!!!!!

I have just become a small time landlord... I will have to write that into the next contract... 'ok to paint as long as you put it back to the original color'!! lol

cheers!

Kate

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home