Monday, May 01, 2006

Today is another day

So Sonnyboy slept for 42 hours (long but not a record) . It's easier in a way with him on tube feeding I don't Have to worry about his nutrition or dehydration. With the texas catheter I don't Have to worry about wet diapers and diaper rash. With him bedbound with side rails up I don't Have to worry about him rolling off the bed and on to his (heavily padded) floor. I don't Have to worry about him seizing and falling or causing a ruckus or bothering the neighbors or ... sorry... just looking for the silver lining...wouldn't Pollyanna and Scarlet be proud.

Of course he waited until I couldn't keep my eyes open to wake up. Sweet Hubby took care of everything.

We turned him on his side before Hubby went to bed (about 6am) so I will wait til I turn him on his back to play Beauty Parlour. We switched from PBS Kids to Noggin at 7am. I know it comes on at six but Sonnyboy loves Dragon Tales and Bob the Builder on PBS. Dora the Explorer is on now.

I wonder how long Sonnyboy will stay awake after his Marathon sleep...

3 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

You have a lot of patience.

10:00 PM  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

Right PK
St. FairsCaPe the Pathologically Patient

2:08 AM  
Blogger Camie Vog said...

Found you through Dirk and Deadpuppy. I'm glad that you are able to use your blog to decompress. It is hard helping your family through such trauma. My mom took care of both her parents and grandmother when I was a child (they lived with us).I remember the strain on her face, and always wanted to help her so she didn't have to work so hard. I became quite good at cleaning a trach. Hang in there. Oh, your posts at Dirk's are hilarious!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home