Tuesday, December 26, 2006

No neutrophils no chemo

So the good news is I didn't have to have chemo today.

The bad news is My Neutrophil count was too low for them to give me chemo.

I guess they got jealous of my platelets having their own cheering section.

The better news is that my platelets have doubled in the past week. Doubled. Thanks to everyone cheering on my platelets. Please would you now cheer on my neutrophils. We actually need them to increase to 5 times what they are now so I can do chemo again next week.

sample cheer:

Neutrophils
You fill
the bill
stand up
and fight
with all
your might

yay Neutrophils!

Thanks to everyone for all your good wishes and advice. I don't know what I'd do without you guys. You are all so special to me. Your visits make this exile bearable. Visiting your blogs is the most fun you can have without risking catching something.

Cara honey I am a complete computard I scan the photo, I see it . I give it a file name. I copy and cut it. I click on the icon. I do what I'm told and voila... the stupid thing posts the picture and all I see on the blog is a frame. I got to get Hubby to help but I have him doing so much right now I can't ask just yet.

And Dawn, chemo patient it is. The cancer doesn't even let me know it is there, so, I don't feel like a cancer patient. I feel the chemo tearing me up, so I call myself a chemo patient. My friend got her mother a T-shirt that said;

"I survived Breast cancer".

What she wanted was a shirt that said;

" I survived Breast cancer Therapy".

Sound like you are a survivor too.

So I've been tidying and eating and napping. Yawn. ZZZZZZZ......

Love to All,

fairsCaPe

6 Comments:

Blogger Fuff said...

Ok, neutrophils noted.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

Yay go NEUTROPHILS! Way to go Platelets! Boo hiss prevascular lymph nodes.

Can't forget to boo the bad guys.

1:49 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Sound as though the cure is worse then the causee, but if it makes you better keep plugging away. Have a great New Years!!!

BTW, hope your neuorplast thingies get off their molecular asses and do their job.

8:33 PM  
Blogger caramaena said...

gooooOOOOO NEUTROPHILS!!!

F, I've emailed you. I hope it helps.

3:17 AM  
Blogger Dawn Coyote said...

I'm not a survivor, not the way you mean (I won't even try for a cute quip). I do know quite a few survivors, though. They're a tenacious bunch.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Overboard said...

okes, it was this post that made me titter. Reminded me of my mum waiting in the dr's office for chemo. Loads of folks were there. Like, more folks than actual patients. My mum stood up and said, 'well, this is a real growth industry, isn't it!". Tee hee. Having the sense of humour you have, helps. You'll get through this. You're too fab not to.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home