Monday, December 04, 2006

Colonel PK the Colon Cleanser

Colonoscopy yesterday. Everything clear up to my appendix except for one little polyp which the doctor biopsied and obliterated with electrocautery. She didn't think it looked malignant but she sent it to be checked just for sure. Because of how it looked on the PET/CAT scan and everything.

PK was in charge of that little booger. Thanks PK. I chose you for that spot because of your army background. You have seen the enemy on its way. I still need you on sentry duty until the results come back. Guarding the perimeter and all that. Getting secrets from the enemy. Trust me, after what I did to the little nasty thing during the prep (waterboarding?) and what the doctor did yesterday it'll talk for sure. And if it turns out to be more trouble we'll just hit it with some chemical warfare.

Isn't my doctor great? She is young and hip (does anyone say hip anymore?) and fit and pretty and she has weekend hours because she understands the needs of the average person who needs to get this sort of thing done on the weekend instead of during the workweek. And she loves animals... she has animal rights stuff all over the place and her whole office is decorated in kitties. Yup, Kitties. Kitty pictures, statues, candles, doorhooks, tissue holders... wait a minute... you all think I'm still high on the medications they zapped me with... seriously, if it comes with a kitty on it ...then she's got it. Instead of all the doctor stuff on her bookcases and walls she's got kitties. And she wrote a book and she has a website. And she gives you juice and fruit and a cookie when you're done. Not that I felt like it this time. The damn needle came out of my vien too early again and I "experienced" some "discomfort" during the end of the procedure, but, I'm ok now and the damn thing is out.

I really am going to need that port. I am tired of being stuck over and again and having them lose IV's half way through things. So PK dear, since you did so well on Private Polyp would you please stand guard over things in General on Wednesday while I'm asleep for the port?

Thanks to all of you guys. You have no idea how good it makes me feel knowing you are out there hating the little bits of me that have gone astray. I feel stronger every day.

Oh, by the way... the website for my doctor is... www.liverdisease.com...( this is not a link I never learned how to do that)... and if you scroll down to the bottom and click on smartcats you can see pictures of her real cats and then maybe you'll believe me...

love,

fairsCaPe

11 Comments:

Blogger caramaena said...

Go pk!

f - sounds like the port may be a good thing. The needle coming out of the vein early sounds pretty awful.

Oh and if you want to know how to do the link thing...

after composing your post highlight the word(s) you want to have the link attached to, then click the little button at the top that has the green circle thingy. Then paste or type in the link and click ok.

5:44 AM  
Blogger A Different Path said...

f,

Glad to hear that there are still a few accomodating drs with weekend hours, however, I am surprised she didn't serve you a kittie shaped cookie with that juice.


*smile*

3:00 PM  
Blogger Overboard said...

You doc is really pretty. Maybe we can use her to lure those pesky private polyps and other unwelcome dastardly stalkers into a big black hole that gobbles them up forever.
Time to sycronize watches, troops! Let's at 'em!

Thinking lots of positive things for you.

Maria

5:08 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Good stuff. Well done TPK. Thinking of you.

10:44 PM  
Blogger jin said...

Go Phos!!!

Fingers crossed for you fairsCaPe!!!

1:09 AM  
Blogger pilgrimchick said...

I'm glad to hear that not only were things taken care of in a timely fashion, but that you like your doctor. At least you bothered to go and have everything checked out--I know plenty of people who just put that kind of thing off.

I'll have to ask Beth whether she's into mermen.

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

portportport u mean a hickman? jackson pratt? wotwotwot? u needa proper name 2 chant u no...
xxx
dp

11:36 AM  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

dp

i bin axin
ober an ober
wa tine a port
ana nursie sayn
iduno Bard
sumptinsumptin
i fine ow
tamarra

fs

7:31 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Air Force, actually, so I'd be more of a lung kind of guy, but I will do what I can for you. I was happy to hear your colon is all clear. Step two, getting rid of the rest of the junk.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Watch out you filthy n anterior mediastinal lymph nodes, and all other MS spots - we're coming after you!!

Way to go PK!!

4:30 AM  
Anonymous colon cleanser said...

One of the surprising benefits of colon cleansing is that some people experience significant weight loss after treatment. The average human colon weighs approximately four pounds.

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home