Saturday, December 23, 2006

Good Tidings

Things have been pretty good.

The folks at the nursing home did some sort of sheet count on Bobby and suddenly it is medically necessary for him to have his Texas catheter back on, Hurray! With an intake of over 4 litres/quarts per day I should have realized it would only be a matter of time, Hurray! They are not actually using his catheters, they are using their catheters, however, they are using a different brand of drainage bag that drains better, Hurray! I have not actually seen his bottom, but, supposedly it is only red and the skin is not broken open, Hurray! I have always said "every problem has a solution". Some times you just have to let people figure things out for themselves. I bet the nurses aides raised hell. He had to be completely changed, sheets and all, at least 10 times per day. Apparently uneducated semi skilled workers know more than physicians, text book writers and caring professional family members. Who would have thunk it? Problem solved. Hurray Ladies!

We had a lovely Solstice. The weather was super-uncharacteristically warm and the sun was bright and beautiful. The days will be longer now, I have hardly noticed their shortening due to all the wonderful warm weather of late. Hurray Sun!

We were able to get the roof tarped and the ceiling painted in the dining room. It is raining right now and so far...so good...(keeping all my fingers and toes crossed). As the dining room is now habitable we were actually able to get together with #2son, lovely girlfriend and one of my dearest friends for dinner. Steven picked up some nice Italian food on the way home from visiting Bobby. We put it on real plates and we Dined. Hurray fettucini alfredo and portabello mushrooms!

Aside from a possible reaction to Celebrex ( I do have a history of childhood allergy to sulfa) all my meds and concoctions are working and aside from some breaks here and there I have been comfy. Hurray medications and home remedies !

All my catalogue orders have arrived in time for the Holidays. Hurray Catalogues!

The holes in the ceiling in the den, resulting from the removal of two "can" light fixtures, have been closed. I will not mention how many years they have been staring at me like two unearthly eyeballess eyes. Less than 10. Hurray for closure!

If this is my last Holiday (shhh, please let me go on) if it is, I could not have asked for better. Between the love and support here at home and the love and support of all you guys I feel truly blessed. Hurray Blessings!

Love to All,

fairsCaPe

7 Comments:

Blogger caramaena said...

Yay for Bobby :) Of course it takes someone who actually does the work to know what is really needed.

Your post sounds so positive and happy and I'm glad! I hope those wonderful happy times continue.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Hooray!
Hope you have a lovely Christmas F, you surely deserve it and MANY many more to come.
Here's to blooging this time next year and the next.....
xxxx

10:53 AM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

I'm happy things are going better for Bobby. That was truly a frustrating situation! I'm glad your concoctions are working and you are feeling better.

Your last paragraph brought tears to my eyes. I don't know if I could express what an infuence you've had on me. You are a wonderful, brave and caring woman.

I'm wishing you many more Merry Christmas's just because!

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear the improvements for Bobby! Have a merry Christmas! God bless you!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

You are my Hero, Fairscape!
Gooo platelletes!!!!
Booooo, boooo, boooo anterior mediastinal lymph nodes!!!!

4:48 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

FS, I suspect you have many X-mases left in you. It is heartwarming to hear you finally caught a break. Enjoy your holiday and your dry livingroom.

10:15 AM  
Blogger caramaena said...

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas day!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home