Friday, April 21, 2006

Recuperation

home care

Well, I wish I had something funny to tell you all but since I don't I'll just update you on how things are going. Sonnyboy seems about ready to go off to sleep. He woke up late yesterday afternoon and stayed up all night with the nurse. Hubby and I each got a bit more sleep than usual. It really makes a difference on the nights she is here. Too bad that's only twice a week. Hubby is taking some time off to look for a new job. He has been very happy at "the lab" but he is looking for something closer to home or something where he can telecommute more. He gets so much more work done at home without the distractions at the office. The person in charge should hire someone to handle all the stupid phonecalls. Hubby is not a secretary, and he is too nice and too helpful to just blow people off even though most phone calls are a total waste of his time. Also, he is required to go to meetings that have nothing to do with his projects, While he finds them interesting, they to take up too much time and are more social events than anything else. Another big problem is that the bathrooms are inadequate for the number of people working there and totally lack privacy. I remmember one time while I was undergoing pelvic radiation and I just had to go while we stopped by for a visit, Ohmygod how embarrassing,I could see why no one would want to have to use the loo there on a regular basis. I practically had to crawl over some one to get in and out. Even running the water didn't cover up the sounds and there was no vent fan, It was so mortifying that I never went back again... So he's dusting off his resume and checking the ads,probably start calling and emailling by monday. Everyone at work has wished him well and has offered to give him references. He has been their go to guy for so long that they will miss him when he is gone, but, he seems to think he has trained everyone well enough that they should be able to work their way through any problems, Of course, he'll only always be an email away. Most everyone has been so wonderful and supportive over the past few years what with Mom's final illnes and passing, my cancer, Hubby's Mom's passing and everything with Sonnyboy. I don't think Hubby's manager even knew Sonnyboy was just in the ICU again or she wouldn't have been such a ***** lately. He is finally doing well again. Back to his baseline. Smiling and happy just watching tv or listening to us talk or just staring out the window at his beautiful flowers. I
have the best husband in the whole universe. Without his love and support I couldn't keep my Sonnyboy at home. Big Kiss...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home