Sunday, July 02, 2006

Rolling

Well the wheelchair is great. It turns out though that I am totally joystick impaired. #2 son has informed me the reason there are so many holes in the sheet rock is because the controller has an inverted Y Axis. So it really isn't my fault when I crash. OK!

Sonnyboy loves going outside. I am quite a chicken though and have been making slow progress in extending our trips. We have gotten as far as going down the driveway into the street and to the end of my property before turning around to go back up to sit for a few hours on the front deck. Hubby was alongside the whole way with the old wheelchair filled with backup equipment for all those just in cases. The neighbors must think we're nuts but as far as I'm concerned that just makes us even.

Sonnyboy is asleep right now, I hope he wakes up early enough so we can do our regular Am care in the Pm and maybe get him outside before dark. If not today, well then fiddle dee dee, tomorrow is another day...

2 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Glad you got a chair for your son. It must be nice for him to get out a bit and not be cooped up all the time.

7:56 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

Ditto! I know it was expensive, tho. I am currently following your advice, saying phooey to the insurance company (exactly what they wanted us to do anyway) and am looking into buying outright a scooter or some such thing for hubby. Will have to do some saving up, tho.

6:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home