Tuesday, May 30, 2006

And Sonnyboy approaches 22

And I can hardly believe it. And after all the doubters telling me he wouldn't make his last birthday. And we still have him at home. And he still seems happy and comfy. And in his own way healthy. And he will be 22 on June 1,2006.

And we finally have THE WHEELCHAIR. And it has only taken a year and a half to get it. And now we will have to remove part of a wall to get him out of his room in it. And I find I am totally joystick impaired.

We already had him up in it, all 285 lbs. of him. I told that nutritionist we needed to cut more calories. He is vast. I'm shocked. I hope he'll burn more calories now that we can get him out of bed and into his new chair. I've talked to his MD and we cut back on his calories without cutting his fluid or overconcentrating his formula. She will be coming to see him tomorrow.

#2 son and friend will be taking down the wall soon and then we're off...

6 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

It'll be nice for him to be able to have some freedom.

9:37 PM  
Blogger caramaena said...

Happy birthday to Sonnyboy! Yay on the wheelchair.

My little Chickie shares a birthday with him - he'll be 4.

7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday! gemini me 2

6:02 PM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

A very belated happy birthday to Sonnyboy. I wish him much joy in the wheelchair and my thoughts continue to go out for you, hubby and your other sons.

9:51 AM  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

Thanks to all, the wall should be history by the end of the day.

4:07 AM  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home