Friday, June 02, 2006

It's a blogs life

Blogs were born to sleep in the sun. -Snoopy

Oh well, why not, history rewrites itself,people are misquoted and all's fair in love and blogs.

I guess one "side effect" of getting older is that I am now able to blow off the remarks of people I used to take to heart. When I was younger I would be just mortified if I thought someone didn't like me. I am still not sure what the dynamics were but I guess I needed to feel I had the power over people to make them like me. I know now that I am powerless over other people . What a release. I no longer feel responsible for the way other people feel. I like that warm fuzzy feeling of consensual validation if some one writes something nice in the blog or agrees with me in the nonblog world. I find I don't value myself based on others' remarks anymore. It's not that I have tried to care less, its just that I have mellowed . Finally. Phew!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie said...

I couldn't agree more - and one nice thing about true friends is that you can agree to disagree and respect other people's thoughts and feelings and not have to try to make them your own.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Glad that you're mellowing. :-)

I think I stopped caring when I was a preteen. I had had enough of hurtful comments and experiences that I think I reached the decision, "If you don't like me, why should I like you?", and by extension, "Why, then, should I care what you think?"

Of course, I don't mean I blow everyone off; I value the opinions of those I've come to respect, and while I might not always agree with their thoughts, etc, I don't let it get under my skin either. Rather, I weigh what they say and proceed from there.

9:49 AM  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

T+T

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy.

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home