Monday, January 08, 2007

my roof's got a hole in it...and i might...

kill the roofer?

No. Then I would be in trouble. If one could imagine being in more trouble than I'm already in...

Yes the roofer has been back. He has succeeded through repeat visits in moving the leak from the window frame, to three feet into the room , to six feet into the room. It is currently pouring both outside and in and I am powerless over the weather. Due to all the pain meds I am a bit fuzzy on my usually rapid decision making processes. Still in all , killing the roofer does not seem to be the answer...the roof will still leak...it will scare off other roofers...my kharma will be impaired at a point where I will not have much time to fix it back up.

What to do???

Call my 2nd husband? He is in construction and his current wife does manage a construction office and her son does commercial roofs and they have said call us if you need help... still my ego might not be able to take it if they refused to help with this...

Call the local fight department chief/roofer as an emergency roof repair...

Call the really good, really expensive roofer I have used for my other property... he did have a quick look at it in the past...

I have to see my oncologist today... I believe I will cogitate on this until after I know what the game plan is from here out...

geez that's a lot of ellipses...

...

Thank you all for your hope and strength... even those of you who have been double dipping with multiple personas... ha...

Love to All,

fairsCaPe

ps. I need a shower, I guess I could just stand in the living room, I hear rainwater is great for the hair...

26 Comments:

Blogger Overboard said...

'ere, I'm off to Everest in March and want to enlist Qomolangma's help in our mission to see you well again. If you are into this kind of weird stuff like what I is, then send me something from you, like a toenail or some hair[I'd prefer the latter, for obvious reasons] and I'll put it under a rock at Everest base camp. Waddaya think? You can e-mail me at jedisailors@gmail.com or you can just smile and roll your eyes at me. Tee hee.

Shame about your roof. You'd think we'd have roof stuff right now, what with us all being millions of years beyond inventing the wheel. And what about toothbrushes? Why oh why, has the perfect toothbrush still not been invented?
I'm waffling....but do e-mail me if you fancy coming along for the Everest ride.
:)

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand running water is supposed to be good feng shui, although I'm not sure it applies if there's a great big hole in your roof!

Good luck in getting a good roofer, unfortunately you're a bit far from me otherwise I could give you a few names.

Most importantly good luck too at the oncologists, I'm thinking of you.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck at the Oncologist!

7:18 PM  
Blogger caramaena said...

Shame we can't swap weather while you've got the hole in the roof. You can have our dry sunny days for a while - we'd gladly take some rain off your hands!

Good luck at the oncologists.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Fingers and toes crossed for you.

5:35 AM  
Blogger Oh great One said...

It sounds like your roofer and my heater guy could be cut from the same cloth!

If your ex can help than take it. We all need a hand sometimes. No shame in that.

2:30 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Talk with the Better Business Bureau about the shady roofer and then get the guy who knows what he is doing. Someone needs to jerk that guy's license.

Hope your Oncologist visit went well!

6:42 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

'sup? Hope you are feeling great!!

8:11 PM  
Blogger jin said...

Just checking in!
(Woops...didn't realize I missed commenting on this one...I agree w/ oh great one: if your ex will help, do take it!)

12:23 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Hi FS! Just wodnered what you were up too. I hope your roof is patched and you are feeling great!

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kill all the roofs, lawyers and plumbers. Keep up the fight.

5:14 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Anon: Amen

8:21 AM  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

Hey guys, try not to get any blood on the blog...

Really though, although I have had some run-ins with each of the above catergories I can't reccomend all out homicide...in my time I have managed to aquire a decent(yet expensive) plumber, a lawyer here and there, and the expensive yet meticulous roofer was up there yesterday while I was visiting Bobby for the first time since my "incident". All in all , I guess it comes down to, you get what you pay for. It was my mistake to try to save money on my roof using a guy(starting out on his own) who didn't have enough experience trying to do what he was doing. To his fault though, he has not made good on the poor workmanship in question. Live and learn.

8:57 AM  
Blogger caramaena said...

f - great you got to visit Bobby again. Hope all is well there.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Edward said...

This is why we need a Hitman's Guild.

2:00 AM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

It’s kind of like the Stooges episode where Moe, Larry, and Curly were plumbers and made everything worse, without the funny part, of course.

Hope your son is doing better, I know it has to be tough being apart.

2:12 AM  
Blogger Pat said...

Ahhh Fairscape! You must have a good deal of Libra in you, eh? All this being fair and equal, and trying so hard to "see the other point of view, other side of the coin!" Bless you! It is just plain good to hear your voice, nonetheless!

4:27 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Afternoon F. Just dropping in to say hello. Hope things are ok.

2:31 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Howdy! How are things??

6:24 PM  
Blogger jin said...

I'm just checking up on you too!
:-)

7:39 PM  
Blogger caramaena said...

I'm checking in too - hope you're doing ok.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Overboard said...

Me, too. Joining the roll call. "Here"!

:)

12:30 AM  
Blogger tui said...

Be well fairsCaPe, beautiful writer-
t

1:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

















12:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...









6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...











ees--gigagalleries-com.blogspot.com/>gigagalleries-com

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home