Wednesday, January 03, 2007

here today , gone yesterday

Needless to say, I will not be receiving Cisplatinum again.

I would say from the time they started the IV until I went unconscious it was about a minute and a half. I guess it was a couple of hours later when I woke up intubated on a vent unable to breathe turned on my side vomited and extubated myself. The people in the ER were not happy. It seem I had been very sick ( unresponsive, not breathing) when the ambulance got me there and they had had a hard time getting that darned tube in. After I vomited and got it out I felt much better, so they left it out. They sent me up to CCU and I had a nice nurse, Elsie. Elsie didn't give up until she got me my pain medicine. Good Elsie. Smart Elsie. Beautiful 68 year old Elsie. With experience comes Wisdom. Elsie the Wise.

All in all it was not a bad day. Outcome counts. I'm not dead. I can blog. Tomorrow is another day. Fiddle dee dee...

9 Comments:

Blogger caramaena said...

Yay for Elsie.

I'm glad you're better now, that would have been scary.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Elsie!

Absolutely excellent for you recovering so quickly from the anaphylaxis and making it through!!

I'm gunning for ya, what needs my negative energy most at the moment to blast it away?

3:19 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Is extubate a real word?

The school nurse at my wife's school is old enough she was in on the ground floor of nursing - I would take her diagnosis over a doctor's any day.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Overboard said...

Cor blimey.Hope you are feeling much, much, much better.

:)
Maria

7:55 PM  
Blogger Edward said...

Old nurses are the noncommissioned officers of the medical establishment. I met one of those while Mom was in recently.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Dawn Coyote said...

My mom: 69, still nursing. There should be some kind of lifetime achievement award for caregivers.

I'll spare you the philosophical platitudes (something from Epicurus), because geez - that sounds scary.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Oh erk. You poor thing. I hope you are ok F.

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i extbate me 2 b4 so tha dr says that is 1 of tha criteria 4 it
i will keep both blogs fs, so u can use tha old 1 in case i ever write agin im glad ur ok now!!!!

3:02 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Can't sleep, dropped by to see what it be like...

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home