Sunday, October 22, 2006

err...

Oh well...

Back to the ER. Not for me this time. Bobby is having another little glitch. A new fistula has formed next to his Gtube, over the course of a couple days it went from being a little red dot, to a pimple, to a pus pimple, to a draining pimple, and then just when we thought it was going to start healing it opened up and everything we put in his gtube ( food water meds) came Out. Right away. After many phone calls to his various MD's we packed up and presented ourselves in full entourage in the ER. Since we take such good care of him he looked great and not like some half dead dish rag (that's Me), so we had to lobby for admission for the next 8 hours. I stood my ground and he is in the ICU. He hadn't peed for 26 hours so they finally put a foley in him at 2 am and only got 200cc of pee. I knew he was too dry even if is blood work was good. (normal people make at least 30 cc of pee per hour).

Thanks for all the good wishes. I just can't post an individual response any more. I will visit those of you who visit here when I can. I will try to update. I have few friends in the nonblog world and I appreciate you all very much.

7 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

You all will be in my thoughts today. Here’s to everything turning out well for Sonny.

As far as pee, I have the bladder nature gave a squirrel so I seem to go constantly. Here in the desert they always yak bout drinking lots of water - my contention is, if your body needs the water so badly, why doesn’t it keep it?

10:51 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

I hope everything goes ok for him and you F. Will be thinking about you. Take care xxx

11:09 AM  
Blogger jin said...

I'm glad you stuck to your guns & got him admitted!
That outta teach them
not to mess
with a poet-ess.

Thinking of you & your family.
{{{{{{{{{{cyber hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}

7:53 PM  
Blogger tui said...

Hi fairscape, I like this blog of yours, it's hard to read sometimes, full of pain but very beautiful. It makes me miss my mother a lot. She's a long way from me. When I'm sick just her hand on my forehead is magic. Her love is so uncomplicated and immense. I can see it in you for your son too. You're so strong. Don't stop writing.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bless u all

9:40 PM  
Blogger caramaena said...

Hope everything is on the up and up now. *hugs* to you all.

4:05 AM  
Blogger Fuff said...

How's things Fairscape?

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home