Sunday, September 03, 2006

Ernesto sneezes

We got a lot of wind and a bit of rain out of this one. I just hope it doesn't make everyone too complacent when the next one approaches. Blew down a few leaves and a couple of branches and howled a bit in the night. Power went off momentarily. Set off all the alarms but Sonnyboy was in the middle of one of his big sleeps and he was not disturbed. We just had to reset things and turn a few things back on and that was that.

I am sleeping very light these days. Cooking smells wake me up. Talking wakes me up. As usual pain wakes me up and of course my bladder wakes me up. TMI? Oh well... Getting back to sleep is difficult. I get up and wander around sometimes like an old dog guarding my family. I turn off lights and make sure doors are locked. Tidy up things here and there and once satisfied all is right with Hubby and Sonnyboy drift back to my room, trample the weeds down by going around in a circle a few times before I lay down and (hopefully) return to sleep.

6 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

We're getting the remnants of Jonathan -worst damage so far is I wind up with all the my neighbor’s newspapers in my yard – they are too lazy to pick them up. With your son on all that equipment you should look into getting a back up generator.

7:02 PM  
Blogger caramaena said...

I'm with pk there - a back up generator sounds like it would be a good idea.

8:30 AM  
Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

Fear not gentle readers
we have (just for the vent)

1/2 hour internal battery

back up vent with 1/2 hour internal battery

4 hour gel battery

8 hour car-type battery

gasoline powered generator

power hookup to attach to handicapped equipped van with full tank of gas

secret power company emergency phone number

I am a very good boyscout

my motto is:

Hope for the best
but
Prepare for the worst!

9:58 AM  
Blogger caramaena said...

I'm very glad you're prepared (and how!)

4:52 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

My hat blew away, did it wind up in your yard by chance?

7:38 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Phew.
Do you make sure to turf your blanket out of your basket before finally settling down?

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home