Thursday, August 31, 2006

Electrical shock

This morning I woke up shivering. I turned on out local traffic and weather channel to find out it is 59 degrees out (chilly). Great. The a/c is off and now we have to keep the windows closed . My electricity bill arrived yesterday covering the last two months when it was about 100 degrees (super hot) for a few weeks . We managed to use over 4600 kilowatts (a personal record) which cost us more than $1000.00 (a lot of money). We are on a budget plan with our utility company so my electric bill will go from around $300.00 per month to 670.00 per month until we are caught up. I guess we will be walking around in the dark for a while. It stopped raining yesterday for a while but there is more rain coming as Ernesto heads north. I detest hurricane season. I feel compelled to watch the news more and the fearmongers on CNN really get to me. I suppose it is good on some level to remain informed, especially with Sonnyboy being so electrically dependent, but I get all riled up. In turn I guess I rile everyone else up. Oh well! Hubby was using the laptop right before me and left a window open that has a graphic of lightening striking on the upper left corner of my screen. Seems apropos.

4 Comments:

Blogger caramaena said...

Ouchy! That's a big bill.

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do u has a generaotor at least 4 sonny stuff?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Fuff said...

Blimey, that's one big bill. Hope you don't get any power outages.

12:40 PM  
Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

We've been gouged this summer too - had to keep the A/C running all the time. I think we may catch a break tonight; it is only in the 70s!! We are catching the back end of hurricane Jonathan so we have been getting some much needed rain as well as seeing a drop in the temps.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home