Sunday, May 21, 2006

And back again...

Well we're home and so far so good. All systems seem to be in good working order. I managed to only make one new enemy over at SBUH and she was just a second year medical resident who probably should switch over to a career in anesthesiology. Maybe not though, although I'm sure she would be able to put people out , I'm not sure they would ever wake up again. All those little bottles of medicine with all the different names might just be too much for her. She seemed to have some sort of first hand knowledge about inhaled medication though. After our little altercation they managed to keep her away from Sonnyboy so all went well. Everyone else - even my neonazi arch enemy in the ER - was very nice.

Sonnyboy seems no worse for the trip. His feedings are back on schedule and seem to be staying where they belong. He managed to sleep both pre and post op and has basically been awake since yesterday morning now. Hubby took the night shift and is now in bed. No prospects for employment yet, but, I'm sure he'll find something one of these days. After all he's a geeknius.

Thanks to all for your "positive" vibes. It means a lot to me to know there are people out their coaxing the universe on our behalf. Love to you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

There's been more than a few medical folks I have wanted to curbstomp - like the old bag that missed the vien in my hand. Hell, if you hurt one of the a-holes, they're in luck; they are already at the hospital and probably get an employee discount for their lengthy stay.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Jose Chavez said...

=) Glad to see you're alright. Myself I haven't had much problems, but I guess that's because I'm the boss's kid =/ I even liked the food lol.

PS: The company where my dad works has it's own medical service. I think it's the biggest corporation in Latin American, but it's owned by the government so yeh. Glad to see your fine! =)

12:28 AM  
Blogger Tiffanie said...

Good to hear from you again. Glad all is okay.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Glad the surgery went well.

Good luck to the geeknius hubby (has he thought about consulting?).

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home