Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cresting

I guess there must be some cute word for when you are just about to reach the top of the hill. You know, right before you go over the top and its all downhill afterward. Youth struggles up the hill and then middle age sort of coasts along so as to fool you into thinking you will always be the same person you've been for the last 20-30 years and then suddenly you are screeching down hill and you realize you've got no brakes. Not only can't you stop but the road is bumpy, the view isn't pretty and the bottom of the hill is obscured in fog. I think it would be fair to say that there should be some sort of warning. You should get a letter in the mail from those AARP people stating Dear Sir or Madam...You are about to pass your prime...Get your sh*t together now before its too late. Stop joking about old people because "tag" you're it.

#2 son's girlfriend graduates from college today. She is having an 80's themed party this weekend. She has invited "moi". All I can remember wearing in the 80's is a wedding dress, maternity clothes and whatever still fit that was leftover from the 70's. I suppose I could stick a yarn wig on my head and go as a cabbage patch doll...What am I going to wear?

4 Comments:

Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Disco clothes baby, disco clothes -watch "Austin Powers: Goldmember" for tips - there is a Disco scene where he meets Foxy Cleopatra. You know you have some sequined outfits in the trunk up in the attic!!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

big hair?

2:31 PM  
Blogger caramaena said...

Big hair, big shoulder pads, wide elastic belts...

Perhaps some 80's music will give you some inspiration:

http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

8:29 AM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

Torn up sweatshirts and jeans... with leg warmers.

I've been receiving those AARP letters since I was in my 20s. How lowering.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home