Saturday, February 04, 2006

venting

What do you think?

I am taking care of my adult son at home on a ventilator. He is DNR. They gave him 6 months to live 18 months ago. There is a sticker on the front of the ventilator that says

Rented From
CONTINUED CARE
when no longer needed
call us at
and a phone number

my friends have found this sticker to be somewhere between cruel and crude
(as long as my son is alive he will need this machine)

The question is ... Do I have the right or the responsibility to cover this sticker up with another sticker?

3 Comments:

Blogger CCCCppppCCppp said...

comments please

5:03 AM  
Blogger Polimom said...

Cover it. No question. Confronting the internal pain of coming loss daily is enough without the visual reminder.

Find a sunrise, or a rainforest, or a little green treefrog... something of hope and connectedness to the spirit.

I'm so very sorry...

5:49 AM  
Blogger Tanis said...

I agree, I would cover it, if that's what you want to do. It shouldn't have been put there in the first place. Hang in there and I'm sorry to hear about your son....

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home